+91 97235 96061 | +91 79400 35960 info@focuseducation.ca

A student visa in the UK is called a Tier4 visa. There are two types of Tier4 visas:

  • Tier4 (General) – For students
  • Tier4 (Child) – children aged 4 to 17

Universities that want to receive foreign students have to seek the status of Tier4 sponsor at the Home Office of the Immigration regulator.

If you’re 16 or older than that you can apply for a Tier4 (General) visa to study in the UK. Here are the basic eligibility requirements so you can apply for such a visa.

If you have been admitted into a course in the UK

You have proof of your English proficiency
You have enough money to cover all tuition and living expenses in the UK
You are from a country rather than one in the list below (including Switzerland)

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden

The application process for a student visa carries a higher fee if you apply from outside the UK (£335 per applicant). Make sure to apply 3 months before your study courses start. Note that it may happen that the Immigration regulator may arrange an interview with you to know if you’re a genuine student, although your application up to that step has been alright.

Leave Your Queries